Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Low Estrogen Patch is actually HIGH Estrogen--and deadly not just to fertility

I've written before about how you might want to stay away from oral contraceptives, ESPECIALLY if you plan one day to be pregnant--it can really mess up your delicate cycle, possibly permanently. Before you pour chemicals and hormones into your body at someone else's profit, you might want to consider, who's looking out for you? Not the drug companies. From Nerve.Com:

-----------------------------------

Rough Patch

by Nicole Ankowski

"Those fucking bastards," I whispered to my boyfriend and cat when I read the article. "They're getting away with it!"

In April, The New York Times brought us a nasty update to the 2005 news that pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson had been lying to the public about their Ortho Evra birth-control patch. Marketed as a lower-estrogen birth-control option (meaning fewer and milder side effects than the pill), the patch actually delivered much higher doses of estrogen than the pill; Johnson & Johnson failed to reveal this to the public for six years. At least fifty deaths have been attributed to the patch because of this, with thousands more women reporting alarming symptoms.

And now, Johnson & Johnson is arguing that women hurt by the patch cannot sue, because the FDA approved the patch in the first place.


read more here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm glad you posted this because I want your opinion about something. I recently found out through a laparoscopy that I have mild endometriosis. I don't want to try to conceive for another 3-4 years -- but I do want to preserve my fertility. I kind of use FAM now (as in, I know when I'm fertile) but in reality for the past 3 years I've been having unprotected sex with my partner..that's how I know I'm infertile. I'm not sure if having the laparoscopy has suddenly made me sub- or even (*gasp!*) fertile, but I do know that at my two-week post-op appointment, my surgeon will want to force some form of synthetic hormones down my throat. I'm naturally resistant to them -- I don't tolerate the side-effects well -- but I wonder if I should try, say, the progesterone-only pill for the sake of my future fertility. Thoughts?

GreenFertility said...

Thanks for your comment. I'd suggest reading What Your Doctor Won't Tell you About...Perimenopause (part of a series) and Sex, lies, and Menopause, two books that will give you osome layman's info on hormones and also the possibility of using NATURAL hormones. good luck!

Anonymous said...

喝花酒
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
酒店經紀爆米花
酒店經紀
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
酒店pt
酒店pt
酒店應酬
粉味
酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL
酒店經濟
酒店經濟
晚上兼差