Friday, October 10, 2008

More Recession Tips + coupon

Our household uses a fair amount of supplements, and these needs are there no matter what the stock market's doing. I USED to go to Vitaminshope.com because they were cheap, and bought a lot of their house brands. Well, the women's multiple was famously found by Consumerlabs.com to have dangerous amounts of lead.

Now that I'm a sort of health journalist, I have direct access to Consumerlabs and can tell you of weird things going on, or even good things, like a recent test of cod liver oils found even the cheapie brands pretty clear of heavy metals.. (I think I blogged about this before).

Anyway, I use iherb.com, largely because they have flat 1.99 shipping and free over $60, and they have all the good stuff like the cell salts, homeopathics, green tea, etc., at a fraction of Whole Foods prices. They also claim (I have no idea how to verify this) that they have the best storage and keep things fresh. I *do* know that as a test I ordered some probiotics from VS that I KNOW need to be refrigerated (other places make you buy an ice pack and use priority mail) and they just came in the middle of the summer over 1 week with the free shipping. Blech.

But again, I cannot verify iherb's claims, but their prices are certainly right. iherb.com And GreenFertiltiy's back in GREEN.

Oh yeah, they also gave me a $5 coupon for first time users, which I hereby pass on to you. Use the code PIX328.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your color.