Sunday, April 15, 2007

US toddler burnt in park attack

This is pretty unbelievable. Plus, it underscores that while the government is busy protecting us from Vitamin C, nothing's done about drain cleaners and other household chemicals that can be lethal (Clorox, anyone?). Drain cleaner is pure lye.

"A two-year-old boy is facing surgery after receiving serious burns at a playground slide in the US that had been vandalised with harsh chemicals.

Peyton Duschl received second and third-degree burns, mostly to his legs, after using the primary school slide.

Vandals had poured industrial-strength drain cleaner over the ride, and opened bottles of the dangerous chemical were found at the scene, police said.

A hazardous materials team was called in to clean the site in Maryland state."...

Read more from the BBC here.

p.s. MAN FERTILITY says: to clean your drains, use a snake or a plunger!!!!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

There are greener alternatives to Drano-- an orange based drain opener whose name I forget. We recently had a clog and our plumber event said don't use Drano, as it's both poisonous and does more harm than good overall.

Green Fertility Marie said...

M--

we used enzymes for awhile, but then were like, screw it! THe snake is violent and great!!!

Lynn said...

All the more reason to start promoting the use of natural, homemade household cleaning products and phase out dangerous chemicals. That was a terrible thing that happened to the kid. I wonder if from now on, people will start checking public facilities first before even touching anything.

Green Fertility Marie said...

Lynn, the Irony is, some icky bacteriocide that they're SUPPOSED to use on the toilet seat or whatever probably causes cancer long term...

Anonymous said...

喝花酒
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
酒店經紀爆米花
酒店經紀
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
酒店pt
酒店pt
酒店應酬
粉味
酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL
酒店經濟
酒店經濟
晚上兼差