Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Breast Cancer Rates Soar after Mammograms and Some Cancers may Heal Naturally

Wow, this is interesting. As longtime readers probably know, I myself don't get mammograms because of statistics showing that death rates from breast cancer are about the same for people who do or DON'T get mammograms, so I decided to skip the pain and inconvenience. AND speculative data from European countries (are we even looking, here, in the US?) suggested that repeat mammography might be correlated with breast cancer--it IS radiation. Now, it seems, the date is more than speculative.

And again, I am not offering any health advice or recommendations, only telling what the news is and describing my own choices and experience.

From NaturalNews:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NaturalNews) A report just published in the Journal of the American Medical Association's Archives of Internal Medicine (Arch Intern Med. 2008;168[21]:2302-2303) reaches a startling conclusion. Breast cancer rates increased significantly in four Norwegian counties after women there began getting mammograms every two years. In fact, according to background information in the study, the start of screening mammography programs throughout Europe has been associated with increased incidence of breast cancer.

This raises some obvious and worrisome questions: Did the x-rays and/or the sometimes torturous compression of breasts during mammography actually spur cancer to develop? Or does this just look like an increase in the disease rate because mammography is simply identifying more cases of breast cancer?

read more here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old posts: Mammograms can have negative long-term results

Change in official guidelines on Mammography and Women aged 40-49

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

I just found your blog on health and find many of your posts are similar to what my friend and I have been writing about on our own blog healthyfutureforkids.

In fact, we're working on a non-fiction book idea on how to make healthier food choices, how to shop, and what's behind the reasoning for doing so.

I'm eager to read more of you blog when I have the chance. Would you consider letting us link your blog to ours? Check ours out and let me know!

I noticed you are from Hibbing, MN. I am a MN girl, myself, grew up in Mankato, but my sibs used to travel to Hibbing for the marching band competitions. I now live in Madison, WI.

It's important to get the word out about choices. I've been sending emails to a "health list" that I created and have sent similar posts to yours on breast cancer, which is now expected to touch 1 in 7 women in her lifetime (similar to prostate cancer).

If you get a chance, check out www.breastcancerchoices.org. It's important to know all the possibilities so we can make informed decisions and this site offers alternatives that have been proven to prevent breast cancer (published before the power surge of Big Pharma), as well as work to keep it from returning.

Thermograms should be available and covered by insurance, but that would make too much sense.

Rosanne Lindsay

Anonymous said...

For those of you looking for Thermography clinics, a good site for nationwide and international sites is www.meditherm.com and in New England, www.nemedtherm.com

Anonymous said...

喝花酒
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
酒店經紀爆米花
酒店經紀
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
酒店pt
酒店pt
酒店應酬
粉味
酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL
酒店經濟
酒店經濟
晚上兼差